Template Choice.

Why did I choose this blog template? As the rest of the class will surely know, there were plenty of options catering to different styles and aesthetics. So what it really came down to was choosing a template that reflected my own style and workflow.

I definitely consider myself to be a tad minimalistic, so I wanted something that was simple, straight forward, and to the point. Over the past couple years of me being a photographer and designer, I've come to learn that clean and simple is more often that not a better choice. Things tend to flow/ mesh better, and your subject tends to remain in focus instead of being lost in minutia.

The template that I've chosen I think clearly reflects all of the things that I was after.  Upon opening my blog page everything is clearly visible and shouldn't take anyone more than a couple seconds to figure out where everything is located. Blog posts are very easily observed since they are the main focus of the page and the simple scroll function makes it easy to see posts in chronological order.

Comments

  1. Hello Christian!
    My first expression on your blog that it was peaceful. I like the color theme and the background it is very soothing. I never heard the term minimalist, but after reading the definition it seems to me that your blog does fit into that category. I find it very interesting that you are a photographer, I took a couple photography classes in highschool and I really enjoyed it. Do you have a website that you publish your work?
    Sincerely,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Evening Christian,

    I like this statement "what it really came down to was choosing a template that reflected my own style and workflow". The tools of the various current Social Media platforms are extremely powerful. Many times we can be overwhelmed with too many choices. The results of that excess of choice seem to be many mediocre products and very few offerings that are of the quality I want to experience. I think you made a good choice with your template.

    Mat Ward

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love the minimalist approach! It does make everything look clean and not overly saturated. I had chose a clean template as well for the very same reasons as you had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christian!

    I agree with your approach and definitely feel a simple, and well laid out page, is the best option when blogging. Yours looks great and doesn't distract from the blog post material, which is really important. I do love the subtle yet charming picture in the background!


    -Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christian,

      I love this blog layout. I also choose this theme for my blog due to the structure. It's a modern style for blogs and you focus on the context of the blog. I enjoy that you added some personality to your blog. The picture is perfect to showcase your photography skills.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3A Communication

Week 10: Being personal & Human Interest