Week 10: Being personal & Human Interest

How personal do you want to get? A question I personally ask myself when posting any of my art, and a question I still struggle with even now. Of course if your profile is personal, regardless of the platform, you can post whatever, whenever without caring. But when it comes to business, you'd better watch your step. Each business is different and has different needs, therefore how personable they can get on their social media depends on those needs, and of course their audience. For example I myself am the sole face/personality of my business therefore how personal I can get is completely up to my discretion. Adding some personality to posts I've found can help boost engagement with your audience and establish rapport which will ultimately lead to better business. Also having and creating a personality for yourself will help set you and your business apart especially if your doing business in a saturated market. Obviously if you are representing a company and its social media, your leash may be a lot tighter and you definitely want to make sure that what your posting is in line with that particular businesses goals. In the end using any kind of appeal to your audiences emotions will ultimately generate some sort of response. If done correctly however, you could gain a stronger connection with your audience and also the authenticity every business strives to have.

Comments

  1. Hi Christian .. I really enjoyed reading your post. You made really good points on the effectiveness and importance of personal blogging. I do agree that the level of personal information you should give should be based on your business needs and audience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sort of things could you say blogging for your art?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Template Choice.

Week 3A Communication