Week 11A: Newsletters

To be quite honest I didn't even know that newsletters were a thing. I mean obviously I've heard of newsletters but I never realized how useful they could actually be. Upon do some research I found a few successful photographers who swear by sending newsletters, and from them I was able to come up with many ideas for a news letter of my own. First there's the obvious which is having a news letter that has special deals for shoots and would be sent out every few months or so. I could also do a bi-weekly inspirational newsletter which contains beautiful images curated by myself. Along with that I could sprinkle in tips and tricks for editing and using Photoshop. I could also do a themed newsletter where I edit a few photos in a similar manner, create presets, and include the presets and the photos in the newsletter. So many ideas its hard to settle on one. But one thing I have learned for sure is that newsletters can be another powerful tool to engage customers.

Comments

  1. If I were you, I would definitely do a newsletter, but be careful not to give too many of your tips away, as the whole intent of your newsletter is to sell your services. Restaurants don't give away their cooking lessons or even recipes, do they? I think your pictures will sell themselves, so post away and you will get customers. Just keep your price competitive. I just received a newsletter from another photographer Jeff Kassebaum. Maybe you can look his up too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job doing research helps with this subject we are doing now. I had an idea on how newsletters displayed never thought I'd create one. It is something you need creativity and catch the readers eye attention fast . The impression is what is interesting at they look at and what is the benefit. Showing tips and tricks is also a help into getting a new fan base on what they seek for. Build up that trust and keep going with it. Be very consistent and plan this out to succeed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Template Choice.

Week 3A Communication

Week 10: Being personal & Human Interest