Week 5B: My Target market

I know I may be a little late to the party, but better late than never. Honestly, I had a bit of trouble deciding who/what I wanted my target market to be, or who my dream customer is. Up until recently I've just been doing photo shoots to gain practice and sharpen my skills, not taking into account who I would really want to be a photographer for. After quite a bit of thought and self-analysis, I think I've been able to come up with what I think is my dream market. But first, you must understand a little bit of who I am and what I like to shoot. My main area of focus in photography is portraiture, and since the beginning I knew that was going to be a main focus of mine going forward. I love the ocean, I love surfing/skating, I love vintage stuff and things that give off vintage vibes. And although I have yet to get my hands on a water housing for my camera, I think my style of editing and taking photos reflects who I am and the lifestyle I choose to live. So now I present to you what you've all been waiting for, my target market. Essentially I would like to target two main audiences, lifestyle brands and modeling agencies/Individual models looking to build portfolios. The brands I would mainly try to focus on are brands that I love and support myself (Sun Diego, RVCA, Brixton, Lost Enterprise, Vouri, Hurly, etc.) and that reflect the lifestyle that I love living. Of course I would never limit myself to just these audiences, I love working with rad brands and people of all kinds. As long as the fit is good and the vibe is right, beautiful things can be made.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Template Choice.

Week 3A Communication

Week 10: Being personal & Human Interest