Week 8B

I 100% think visual media is the perfect fit for my business. Since I am a photographer I don't think its too hard to see why. Photography is a visual art that requires a platform that is primarily focused on visuals and that doesn't diminish content with other minutia (like Facebook). This is why I've chosen to base my business primarily on Instagram. I'm sure many other artists like myself would agree that Instagram is probably the main platform helping visual artists get a start in their industry. It's easy to use, and its simple layout is centered around visual content. Although Instagram is far from perfect, it's a very powerful tool if used the right way.

On Instagram, I follow many talented photographers who are well known within the community and who also make a living off of photography. Jared Chavez (@jaredvisuals) , Alberto Villa (@rightoushombre), Kevin Jara (@jara.photo), and Jethro Alaba (@jethroalaba) are all exceptional artists/photographers who have used Instagram to their benefit to further their work and expand their reputation. Their followers range from 3k up to 58k, and all have decent engagement with their followers. What I think really helps them succeed is their consistency, quality of work, and individuality. All of them post 3-5 times per week and post top quality photos. But I think most importantly Individuality and uniqueness is what helps them thrive. Each of them have developed a distinct style and caters to a specific niche/target audience. Allowing them all to gain work without pulling from each others client base. All in all I think that from observing artist like these I'm able to use what I've learned and apply it to my own business endeavors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Template Choice.

Week 3A Communication

Week 10: Being personal & Human Interest