Week 12A: Other Social Platfroms

Another social media platform I could use that I think would be beneficial for my business would be LinkedIn. Not so much so to gain clients or business but rather to connect with other professionals within the industry. As a photographer I'm always looking for other photographers/ videographers to work with on projects. The way I see it is you can never know to much especially in this day and age where technology is constantly evolving, and the more people you work with the more you're able to exchange knowledge and establish connections.

As far as the rest go, I'm not a huge fan of google plus, I've also heard that it'll be shutting down soon anyway due to some major info leak. Yelp is probably another great platform to be associated with but I don't necessarily think that it would be a great fit with my business just because I'm not an establishment. I feel that yelp is more often than not used to look up reviews for businesses that have store fronts or that are providing a home service such as restaurants, carpet cleaners, grocery stores, etc. Groupon I will hopefully never have to use. I feel that Groupon is an act of desperation for businesses to gain business, and even if they do the profit is small due to Groupon taking a decent percentage of the commission.

I think in the end besides what I already have LinkedIn is my best bet. I kind of think of it as the last piece of the puzzle to give my business a well rounded social presence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Template Choice.

Week 3A Communication

Week 10: Being personal & Human Interest