Week 16: Wrapping it up

The social media platform I have enjoyed the most and that I feel is best suited for my business is Instagram. As a photographer, I thoroughly enjoy being able see, and be inspired by other great artists who share the same passion. It's even better that we can all share a common space to do just that and more. Instagram is not perfect, but it does serve its purposes and can be a powerful tool to help grow any business, especially one like mine that revolves primarily around visuals/images. But don't be fooled, creating and running a successful social media profile, especially on Instagram, is no walk in the park. Consistency, time, effort, and quality content are crucial for making it anywhere in the endless online social maze.

Prior to this class I was already a frequent Instagram user, using it to casually post samples of my photography for people to see. Now, after taking this course and observing other professional photographers habits on social media, I now find myself thinking more strategically when using Instagram. What I'm posting, when I'm posting, what the caption will be, and what hashtags to use are all things that run through my mind now when I think of posting.

Heading into the future I think the plan is to first and foremost become more consistent with posting, which would also mean that I would need to shoot frequently as well. And the more frequently I shoot, the better my work will become thus giving me better and better content to post. It's honestly funny how it all intertwines and loops together. As my knowledge grows and I gain more experience with social media, I know in the near future I'll get this dialed in and drive my business towards success.

Comments

  1. I've really enjoyed viewing your pictures and reading your blogs over this semester. You are a great photographer! I'm a senior in high school and many of the students could use senior photo sessions, so I would suggest running some ads on your Instagram account for those of us. Post some of your rates you could offer. I'm sure it would get a lot of interest. I look forward to seeing more of your work. Who knows? Maybe I will hire you to take mine!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Template Choice.

Week 3A Communication

Week 10: Being personal & Human Interest