Week 17: Winter break here we come!

To start of I just wanted to say that I had a really positive experience taking this class. I learned a lot of cool little tips and tricks that are good to know and that will enhance my capability in using social media effectively. I now think of social media as more of a tool at my disposal rather than just some apps on my phone. When used correctly, social media can propel any business to success.

This class has given me the opportunity to dive deeper into social media than I ever have before. Learning more about the different social platforms, their benefits, and which ones work best for certain businesses. I've also learned that when,where, and what you post has a huge impact on the overall success of your page. To go a long with that, having an aesthetically pleasing layout/feed that's clean and concise will most likely boost the amount of people that engage with your page/site.

I also like that from this class I've gained the following of a few of my fellow peers and that I was able to finally able to set up a Facebook business account. Prior to this class I never had, or wanted to use Facebook for my business. But seeing and learning all of the useful tools it has to offer spiked my interest. Analytics both on Facebook and Google are probably the most valuable tools that any one business owner can have. Being able to essentially micro analyze your customer base, and figure out everything you'd want to know about them in order to better serve your target market. Instagram, which I use for my business, also offers similar tools.

For my photography, I primarily use Instagram. Since Instagram is based around visuals it makes sense that I like posting my content there. But also, through Instagram I've been able to connect with professional photographers and observe how they use their Instagram. From observing their habits/patterns overtime, I've been able to gather ideas of how better engage with my audience and provide them with the content they want. Which in the end means more growth for my business.

As a young future business owner, learning to use all these tools is a priceless skill to have. Especially as the world heads into an era that is dominated by social media and its many applications. And although have yet to officially establish my own photography business, the tools I need to lay its foundation are already at my disposal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Template Choice.

Week 3A Communication

Week 10: Being personal & Human Interest